Answers to some of your most pressing rental questions are found here, along with helpful information on creating your perfect event, so please keep reading…
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT Premiere CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOADING, SECURING, and TRANSPORTING THEIR RENTAL ITEMS. PREMIERE STAFF ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE LOADING OR UNLOADING ASSISTANCE (but may do so at their option).
When Should I Reserve my Event Rentals?
Our mantra here at Premiere Events is: “You can never reserve too early, but you can always reserve too late.” The items you would like to rent may be available now, but that could change at any moment. It is best to place your order early in the event planning process. This provides you a firm, fixed cost on individual items, helps you stay within your budget and guarantees that you will have the items you want for your special day.
How Do I Request a Quote?
Should you require a rental quote, a skilled Event Consultant will be happy to help you. Rental Quotes may be provided in person, via email or by fax. The Wish List feature on our website allows you to browse through our rentals and add items as you go. Once you are ready for a quote, simply submit your wish list along with your event details and a Rental Consultant will email you a quote within 1-2 business days. If you’re planning a tented event, a Premiere Event Consultant will gladly share our tenting options and explain Premiere’s tenting policies.
How do I Place a Rental Reservation?
In order to reserve the items that are on your quote, we require a signed copy of that quote and our Rental Agreements, as well as a 50% deposit on the Grand Total. You may send us this signed paperwork by fax, mail, email or by visiting a Premiere Showroom
Which Forms of Payment Do You Accept?
Premiere accepts payment all forms of payment including cash, check, and major credit cards including: Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express. Payment may be made in person, over the phone, or by fax. A fully executed CREDIT CARD FORM must accompany any and all credit card payments. Personal, Company and/or corporate checks are accepted for payment of the rental agreement balance, so long as the check is received by Premiere, at 11810 Manchaca Rd, Austin, Texas 78748 no less than 10 working days prior to the event.
When is My Rental Balance Due?
The 50% rental agreement balance is due and payable 5 working days prior to the scheduled pick up/ delivery date. At that point, the rental reservation deposit BECOMES NON-REFUNDABLE. You will be asked to provide your credit card number, expiration date, security code and billing zip code. Unless you have established a credit account with Premiere, we operate on a PAYMENT IN FULL IN ADVANCE basis. Please do not ask our Event Consultants to violate this critical company policy.
Unless you have established a credit account with Premiere, we operate on a PAYMENT IN FULL IN ADVANCE basis. Please do not ask our Event Consultants to violate this critical company policy.
What If My Event Plans Change?
With the exception of tents, Premiere will accept changes to the renter’s order, including cancellation, up to 5 WORKING DAYS prior to renter’s scheduled pick up/ delivery date. The 50% Reservation Deposit WILL NOT BE RETURNED OR REFUNDED after the order balance has become due. Premiere will continue to accept changes that increase the renter’s order (subject to availability) until 48 hours prior to the event date. However, if the renter has special order items or promotional rental items listed on their order, these items cannot be reduced or cancelled after the order is placed.
Can Tent Orders Be Changed?
When a tent order is placed, the renter shall make a NON-REFUNDABLE 50% reservation deposit on the tent canopy alone. Renter may then make reductions and revisions up to 5 WORKING DAYS prior to the scheduled tent installation date noted on the rental order. Tent additions may be made (subject to availability) up to 48 hours prior to the tent installation date scheduled on the contract
Can My Rental Order be Delivered?
Yes. Premiere provides delivery services within a 150 mile radius of Austin. When an order is scheduled for delivery, renters may request an AM delivery (9:00-noon) or PM delivery (1:00-5:00) time slot. One day prior to the scheduled delivery, renter will receive an emailed copy of their rental order. Renter will be asked to verify all details of the rental order, and to confirm that the date, time, rental items and all other delivery-related information, if any, is correct. Renter will be advised to contact their Premiere Event Rental Consultant for questions or issues regarding their rental order. The Delivery Notification will also include the Delivery Team Leader’s name and contact information. Renter may, on the delivery day, contact their driver directly regarding delivery questions or issues. Time specific deliveries (within a one hour window) are available at an additional charge. Delivery is TO THE DOOR. Additional charges will apply for stairs, steep embankments, or other hazardous/ difficult delivery conditions. Failure on the renter’s part to disclose such conditions shall result in post-rental charges. Lastly, many public facilities (event venues, hotels, etc.) require that rental items be removed from the property at the conclusion of the event. Premiere provides late-night rental pickup at after-hour rates.
Will Premiere Set Up My Items?
The delivery cost covers delivery TO THE DOOR. Set-up services are available, but are not included in the delivery charge. If you would like to use Premiere’s set up services there is an additional cost, which includes Premiere breaking down the items as well. If you opt against setup, you will be responsible for breaking down all tables and chairs, bagging all linens (and their hangers) and placing all of the items in one location for our drivers to load back onto the truck.
Please see the Delivery and Service Fees section for these prices. Set up and breakdown for all “heavy” equipment (tenting, staging, dance floors, etc.) is included in their cost.
Can I Pick Up and Return my Rented Items?
Most orders, and most (but not all) rental items can be picked up at any of Premiere’s three locations: South, (11810 Manchaca Road), North (8868 Research Blvd.) or Dripping Springs (333 Hwy. 290 East). Please note that all inventory is kept at the warehouse attached to the South Location.
All North and Dripping Springs Store pickups are brought to their respective locations every Tuesday and Thursday by 1pm. If you are picking up on a Tuesday or Thursday, please ensure that you arrive after that time. Any North or Dripping Springs pickups on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Monday must be revised by Noon that Wednesday to ensure that they will be loaded on the truck. Otherwise, additional items will need to be picked up from the South Location. All North Store pickups on a Tuesday or Wednesday will need to submit all revision requests by Noon that Monday.
Renters picking up their rental item(s) may do so between the hours of 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM Saturday on the date specified on the Rental Contract. Premiere is closed Sunday and on major holidays. Weekend rentals must be returned to Premiere on Monday (following the renter’s event), or as specified in the Rental Contract. Renters must ensure that their vehicle is appropriate for transporting the rented item (s). Renters must bring necessary pads, blankets, tie downs and other items needed to protect their vehicle (from damage) and to ensure against damage to rented item (s).
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PREMIERE CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOADING, SECURING, and TRANSPORTING THEIR RENTAL ITEMS. PREMIERE EVENTS STAFF ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE LOADING OR UNLOADING ASSISTANCE.
You must ensure that all items on the order are accounted for. Your signature on the rental agreement is your acceptance of Premiere’s terms and conditions, including responsibility for returning the rented items on time and in their “as rented” condition.
Delivery & Service Fees
Please note that to qualify for delivery, an order subtotal minimum requirement must be met. If that minimum is met and our schedule allows, delivery fees will be applied to the order. The subtotal minimum order requirement for all Austin zip codes is $300. Cities outside of Austin have large subtotal minimum requirements. Those fees are listed in the chart below.
Below are all base round trip delivery fees for Austin zip codes and surrounding cities.
ROUND TRIP DELIVERY FEES BY AUSTIN ZIP CODE
|ZIP CODE||DEL. FEE||ZIP CODE||DEL. FEE|
All orders being delivered have a base delivery fee that assumes we are delivering and picking up during business hours within a 4-hour window. We consider a delivery during business hours to be anywhere between 9am and 5pm Monday-Saturday. Most zip codes in Austin have a base delivery fee of $100 (see charts below) and this includes pickup, but that can change the further away from the warehouse the delivery site is. That fee is a flat rate and does not change unless:
- You need a specific time delivery or pickup. A 2-hour gap increases the base fee by 50% ($150 for most Austin zip codes) and a specific time doubles the base fee ($200 for most zip codes in the Austin area).
- You need delivery or pickup outside of the business hours mentioned above (before 9am or after 5pm on Monday-Saturday or any time on Sunday). These deliveries and pickups are considered after hours and will incur a fee. This fee starts at $300 and increases based on the size of the order and the time available to complete our work. Premiere’s charge is generally equal to $150 per crew member with 2 members being the minimum. The larger the order (or the less amount of time we have to get everything out of the venue) the more crew members we will send. The fee will go up in increments of $150.
- If delivery and pickup are both on a Sunday, the crew member rate changes to $200 per crew member.
ROUND TRIP DELIVERY FEES BY CITY:
|CITY||DEL. FEE||SUBTOTAL MIN.||CITY||DEL. FEE||SUBTOTAL MIN.|
|SAN MARCOS||$125||$300||LIBERTY HILL||$300||$800|
|DRIPPING SPRINGS||$125||$300||HORSESHOE BAY||$300||$800|
|CEDAR CREEK||$125||$300||COOPERS COVE||$300||$800|
Time Specific deliveries = Regular Delivery Fee X 1.5
Early morning/late night deliveries $300.00 (minimum)*
Holiday/Sunday deliveries $300.00 (minimum)*
POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL CHARGES:
- If Premiere Events must wait in excess of 15 minutes at a delivery or pickup site, an additional charge will apply.
- If Premiere Events is asked to relocate items that are already on site, an additional charge will apply. If an order must be carried upstairs, or a distance longer than 50 feet, an additional charge will apply. This charge will also apply if an elevator must be used to reach the delivery site.
We consider a rental period to be 3 Days (delivery the day before the event, the event day and pickup the day after). We don’t count Sundays as part of the rental period since we’re closed on Sundays). For extended rentals, the following rates apply:
- 4-Day rental – All items charged at 1.5x their normal rate.
- 5-Day rental – All items charged at 2x their normal rate
- 6-10 Day Rental – All items charged at 3x their normal rate.
- 11-21 Day Rental – All items charged at 4x their normal rate.
SET UP/ STRIKE CHARGES:
- Folding Chair Setup = $0.75 per chair
- Chiavari/Madeline/Ghost Chair Setup = $1.25 per chair
- Universal Chair Cover Setup = $1.50 per cover
- Spandex Chair Cover Setup = $2.00 per cover
- Table Setup = $2.00 per table
- Linen Setup = $2.50 per linen
*Set Up charges are for labor only.
- Additional charges will apply if Premiere Staff are asked to relocate items that are installed per on-site representative instructions or CAD diagram.
- Additional Travel Charges are applicable to all Linen, Chair Tie and Decor installation.
- Your Premiere Event Rental Consultant is happy to discuss Set Up Charges and Arrangements.
Corporate Giving Policy
To inquire about Premiere Events’ Giving Policy, please download our requirements and email us your request.
Open House Rental Support
To inquire about Premiere Events’ Open House rental support, please download our Open House Form and email us your request.
Styled Shoot Rental Support
To inquire about Premiere Events’ Style Shoot rental support, please download our Styled Shoot Form and email us your request.
Dance Floor Space Requirements
Rule of Thumb = Allow 6 Square Feet Per Guest (or 12 Square Feet Per Couple)
Cocktail Party Space Requirements
Rule of Thumb = Standing: 5 – 6 Sq. Ft. Per Guest
Partial Seating: 30% Seated – 10 Square Feet Per Guest
Dinner Party Space Requirements
Seated at 8′ Banquet Tables with 10 Guests Each – 8 Sq. Ft. Per Guest
Seated at 60″ Round Tables with 8 Guests Each – 13 Sq. Ft. Per Guest
Seated at 60″ Round Tables with 10 Guests Each – 10 Sq. Ft. Per Guest
Seated at 48″ or 72″ Round Tables – 12 Sq. Ft. Per Guest
Ceremony Seat Space Requirements
Rule of Thumb = Allow 6 Square Feet Per Guest
Generally speaking, buffet service requires less space than plated events.
- 36” Round – Seats 4 Comfortably and Squeezes 6.
- 36” Square – Seats 4
- 48” Round – Seats 6 Comfortably and Squeezes 8.
- 48” Square – Seats 4, Squeezes 8 (with 2 on each side).
- 60” Round – Seats 8 Comfortably and Squeezes 10.
- 60” Square – Seats 8
- 72” Round – Seats 10 Comfortably and Squeezes 12.
- 6’ Banquet Table (30” Wide) – Seats 8 (with one person on each end)
- 8’ Banquet Table (30” Wide) – Seats 10 (with one person on each end)
- 8’ California Banquet (42” Wide) – Seats 10 (with one person on each end)
Linen Sizing Information
|TABLE SIZE||LAP-LENGTH LINEN||FLOOR-LENGTH LINEN|
|36″ Dining||N/A||96″ Round|
|36″ Cocktail||N/A||120″ Round|
|Tied 36″ Cocktail||N/A||132″ Round|
|48″ Round||N/A||108″ Round|
|60″ Round||90″ Round||120″ Round|
|72″ Round||108″ Round||132″ Round|
|6′ Banquet||60″ x 120″||90″ x 132″|
|8′ Banquet||60″ x 120″||90″ x 156″|
|California Banquet||N/A||102″ x 156″|
- Overlays can be Round (90” round or 96” round) or Square (72” square or 90” square).
- Table runners are 12” to 15” wide and 90” to 108” long.
- Chair ties are 4” to 7” wide and 100” to 105” long. These can also be used as runners.
- Luncheon Napkins are approximately 17” x 17”. Dinner Napkins are approximately 20” x 20”.
For “Soft” Beverages
There are 128 Ounces in a Gallon.
One Gallon of Punch will make  5-ounce servings.
One Gallon of Coffee will pour  8-ounce cups.
One Gallon of Iced-Tea will provide  10-ounce glasses (consider the ice will take some space, and use an 11 or 12 ounce glass).
For Alcoholic Drinks
One 750 ML (standard size bottle) of wine equals  6-ounce servings.
One liter of liquor equals  ounces.
At 2 ounces per serving, one liter will make 17 mixed drinks.
Rule of Thumb
Allow (2) servings (beer, wine or mixed drink) per person for the 1st hour of your event, and (1) serving per person for every additional event hour. To determine the number of liquor bottles you’ll need for your party or event, calculate the total number of drinks you’ll need (for a 100 guest, 4 hour event, for example, the calculation would be . . . 200 drinks for 1st hour, 100 drinks for hours 2 through 4 = 500 total drinks for the party. Divide 500 drinks by 17 drinks per bottle = 30 bottles of alcohol.
For most Texas events figure 25% of your guests will not consume any alcohol. Of those guest who do drink, 50% will want beer, 25% will request wine and 25% will prefer mixed drinks ( but you’ll know your group better than anyone, and adjust these estimates accordingly ! ) For Margarita and other Frozen Beverage Recipes, follow this link below.
Step by Step Event Guide
Build Your Event Budget, Formulate Your Guest List and Then . . . Follow these Steps
Step One – Select an event date and location (venue)
Venue Selection Considerations
- Indoors or Outdoors? (Remember that an outdoor venue may require tenting)
- What’s Included in the Price? (Tables, Chairs, Linens)
- In-House or Off-Premise Caterer? (Restricted or Open Catering Policy)
- What’s the Alcohol Policy? (Bring Your Own, Buy from the Facility, Serving Restrictions, Security Requirements)
- What Are the Set-Up Parameters? (How long do you have and when can you get access
- What About Delivery and Pick Up (of any rental items)? (These considerations will affect your rental delivery price)
Step Two – Design the Event (with Event PRO assistance, by “Yourself” or with Friends and Relatives)
Event Design Tips
* Unless you have the time, talent and temperament to “go it alone”, use a professional planner to assist in designing and executing your event.
* Consider a themed event – they can be more entertaining for your guests, more fun for you and make your décor and design decisions less challenging.
* Absent a theme, focus on your event style (formal or informal, glitzy and glamorous or chic and sophisticated . . )
* Your guests will spend 50% or more of their time at your tables . . . choose your linen and table top components carefully
* Make it personal . . . ask your event consultant (or your Event Rental Professional) for suggestions to personalize your special day
Step Three– Assemble Your Event Team (and get the specifics in writing)
Assembling Your Event Team
* When assembling your event team, you’ll find a range of prices among vendors. Remember the old adage, “You get what you pay for”. Consider making your vendor selections based on reputation and personal referrals.
* Ask other event professionals for their thoughts and opinions. In the Austin’s Events Community everyone pretty much knows everyone else, and can share their experiences and recommendations with you.
* Assemble a team that can work well with you . . . and with one another. If you involve friends or relatives in your event planning and execution, try to have clear roles and expectations and guard against conflicting personalities.
Step Four – Send your Invitations (Evite, Face Book, Printed . . . )
Step Five – Execute your event plan and have a GREAT time!
Always ask for a written contract for services. Review the contract carefully before signing.
Event CAD Layouts
If a rental order has been secured with a 50% deposit, the event holder is eligible for one professional Event CAD (Computer Assisted Diagram) and up to 2 revisions free of charge. Additional CAD revisions can be purchased for $25.00.
If a rental order has not been secured with a 50% deposit, the event holder can purchase one professional Tent CAD for $50 (no revisions). If at a later time the event holder secures his or her rentals through Premiere Events, the CAD fee of $50 will be applied to their rental order and the event holder then becomes eligible for 2 free revisions max. Additional CAD revisions can be purchased for $25.00.